Thursday, June 17, 2010

When it hurts...


So many of us are familiar with the Kirk Franklin song, 'My Life Is In Your Hands'. That song has ministered to me so many times, on so many occasions when I just wanted to give up. But somehow when I hear that song, even if the feeling doesn't  go away immediately, I feel better.

My favourite lines are ''joy comes in the morning, troubles they don't last always,  for there is a FRIEND in JESUS, who will WIPE YOUR TEARS AWAY...'

You see no matter who you are in life, you must face trials. Some trials are tougher than others, but tough nonetheless. Sometimes it gets so tough, you just want to give up.  Maybe someone hurt you deeply or you made a mistake that keeps haunting you. 

Sometimes we grieve and we mourn and we feel as if God has forgotten us,  but  I can assure you that He hasn't.

Sometimes we face failures, disappointments,discouragement. We may feel heartbroken, rejected or unloved.
 
But isn't it amazing that we have a God who understands and cares?

He holds your hand and lifts you up when you fall.

He carries you in His arms when your strength has failed you.

He walks beside you when you feel you are alone.

He gently guides you when you are confused.

He mourns with you, rejoices with you.

He gives you the Grace to go through trials, because He knows they will make you stronger.

I can go on and on, you see, Jesus is the friend that sticks closer than a brother. He would still have gone to the Cross even if you were the only one on earth.

JESUS LOVES YOU...  no matter what you've done, no matter how far you've gone from Him. He is always there with His arms open wide. When we take a step towards Him, He takes 10 towards us.


 God loves unconditionally.  This means that, you don't have to fulfill any obligations or requirements for Him to love you.

''But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us'' Romans 5:8 (NKJV).  

Isn't it great?! that we serve and worship a God who loves us so much!!!


So remember, when it hurts, Jesus is always there, He is the Balm of Gilead. He who has loved us with an everlasting love.
  
''Heavenly Father, I thank you that you are always there for me. Through the darkest nights and the fiercest storms you are there. Lord Jesus, help me remember each day that you died for me. Lord I commit my pain, my struggles, my trials into your hands. I ask that you strengthen me and heal me. Dear Jesus, you are the Balm of Gilead and you are Jehovah Rapha my healer. Touch me Lord and make me whole. Amen''

Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers, Amen!

Shalom!!!

1 comment:

Have you been touched? Are you Inspired? Please share how you feel and join me let's tell the world about the man Jesus. Shalom!